Friday, August 13, 2010

Pilot Program Overview

Greetings colleagues, friends, family and co-workers!  I was thrilled last month to be chosen by ACCED-I (Association of Collegiate Conference Events Directors-International) to pilot a possible Conference Services exchange program between ACCED-I schools in the U.S. and Venumasters (our sister association) schools in the U.K.

Vanessa Gouws from the Conference Services Department at Goldsmiths University of London has graciously offered to be my host during my visit.  I will be traveling to England this weekend to live, dine and work on their campus until the end of the month.  While our conference season at LMU  is just ending, Goldsmiths will still be hosting guests and groups through September.  During my stay I will be given the opportunity to work in their Conference Services Department to observe and learn how business is conducted at their university. 

Along with Goldsmiths I will be visiting at least 3 other institutions. If you have any questions about or for the U.K. universities while I am there please send them my way and I will post answers for you if I can.   Lastly, I would love to hear your suggestions or feedback about this exchange in hopes of introducing it to the whole association.

Hopefully you will find this blog both entertaining and educational. I will post pictures throughout my stay and do my best to describe my experiences.  In the meantime, feel free to check out my new "home":

http://www.gold.ac.uk/conference-services/

1 comment: