Saturday, August 28, 2010

Beautiful Dorich House at Kingston

Vanessa and I took a trip over to Kingston University on Friday where she was employed for five years prior to her move to Goldsmiths earlier this summer.  The Conferences Office runs and manages Dorich House which was the studio, gallery and home of the sculptor Dora Gordine (1885-1991) and her husband the Hon. Richard Hare (1907-1966), a Professor of Russian Literature.   The house was built in 1936, and restored by Kingston University in 1994.  The meeting spaces are simply stunning and truly unique.  I am not sure if my words can do it justice.    Please check out the website and see some of my photos below

http://www.dorichhouse.com/homepage.html

Board Room
Look at those doors!

Sculptures inside one of the meeting spaces
Roof top terrace

2 comments:

  1. Trish -- Many thanks for sharing your Xchange exeprience. What a time you've had! I'm guessing your greta journey will end soon. I'll miss hearing all about conferences and events in the UK. Safe travels home. Best, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not know that before there was another building, I went to visit the traditional University of Kingston, and has a very nice building structure.
    At that time I was staying at a place called chambre d'hotes barcelone, if this still, And I will return there this other place you mention in the article here.
    Very good photographs of the site.

    ReplyDelete